HOURS: Mon, Tues, Thur, Fri 2:00-7:00; Wed, 9am-2pm; Sat, 10am-2pm
Starting Monday, May 18, you'll be able to pick up items you have put on hold.
Curbside Delivery service will be available Mon, Tue, Thur & Fri, from 3 to 6 pm, Weds from 10-2pm, and Saturday, from 11 to 2 pm.
Please read the rules below. This is only to pick up items you have previously requested. No other services will be provided at this time.
Curbside Rules—Please read!
1. Patron must call or email us with their request if they have not placed holds through our on-line catalog. You can access our on-line catalog through our website: www.homercommunitylibrary.com. If asked for a Library Name, type: Homer Library and leave the password field blank.
2. Patron must let us know when they are on the way.
3. Patron pulls up in front of library windows and honks to let us know they are here. PATRON STAYS IN CAR.
4. Staff takes bag of items out and will put in patron trunk only OR will place bag on bench near sidewalk. Staff goes back into the building.
5. If items are placed on the bench and not in trunk, patron gets out and picks up bag once staff are inside.
6. ALL RETURNS WILL STILL GO IN OUTSIDE DROP BOX, INCLUDING DVDS AND AUDIOBOOKS. No returns will be handed person-to-person.
7. No fines or fees will be paid during curbside service. We are not charging any overdue fees until after we are open to the public as usual. This minimizes contact between staff and the public for everyone’s safety.
8. Please call the library if you have any questions.
Don’t forget, our e-books and e-audiobooks are available 24/7 through the Axis 360 app. For more information about this, contact us or visit our website.
Click the "Search Our Catalog" image or go to:
If asked for a library name type: Homer Library
There is no password
You can search the over 25,000 items we have available for circulation. We have books for all ages, music cds and a growing collection of DVDs.
Thanks to the Illinois Secretary of State through the Illinois State Library, we are able to participate in a great program called eRead Illinois which is designed to increase access to eBooks across the state. For instructions on how to access this service, click on the SERVICES link at the top of this page and go to the eBooks section.
We have recently resubscribed to the mango language learning program. Click the "mango languages" image above to get started in learning a new language! You will need your Homer Library Card # if you want to sign in. Let us know if you need help. Click on the Mango Languages image to get started.
The award-winning ABCmouse.com curriculum is designed to help young children (ages 2-6+) build a strong foundation for future academic success. ABCmouse.com is 100% educational, with 3,500+ learning activities across all major subject areas—reading, math, science, social studies, art, and music. Best of all, kids love it! Come on in to the library and try it out!
Find out about what's happening in the Library day-to-day by checking out our Facebook page. This is where we regularly post upcoming programmings, news, and new acquisitions .