Starting Monday, May 18, you'll be able to pick up items you have put on hold.
Curbside Delivery ervice will be available Mon, Tue, Thur & Fri, from 3 to 6 pm, Weds from 10-2pm, and Saturday, from 11 to 2 pm.
Please read the rules below. This is only to pick up items you have previously requested. No other services will be provided at this time.
Curbside Rules—Please read!
1. Patron must call or email us with their request if they have not placed holds through our on-line catalog. You can access our on-line catalog through our website: www.homercommunitylibrary.com. If asked for a Library Name, type: Homer Library and leave the password field blank.
2. Patron must let us know when they are on the way.
3. Patron pulls up in front of library windows and honks to let us know they are here. PATRON STAYS IN CAR.
4. Staff takes bag of items out and will put in patron trunk only OR will place bag on bench near sidewalk. Staff goes back into the building.
5. If items are placed on the bench and not in trunk, patron gets out and picks up bag once staff are inside.
6. ALL RETURNS WILL STILL GO IN OUTSIDE DROP BOX, INCLUDING DVDS AND AUDIOBOOKS. No returns will be handed person-to-person.
7. No fines or fees will be paid during curbside service. We are not charging any overdue fees until after we are open to the public as usual. This minimizes contact between staff and the public for everyone’s safety.
8. Please call the library if you have any questions.
Don’t forget, our e-books and e-audiobooks are available 24/7 through the Axis 360 app. For more information about this, contact us or visit our website.
*Updated April 1, 2020*
With the current stay-at-home extention by the Governor, the Library will continue to be closed to the public until at least April 30th. At that time we will re-assess the situation.
During this time:
*Staff will be checking the drop boxes, email, and phone messages daily.
*Borrowed items may still be dropped off at the book drop. For those feeling ill, we ask you to hold on to those items and stay in your homes.
*The library will automatically renew items and will waive fines throughout this period.
*We will offer a limited, curb-side service - please call ahead and leave a message or email us and we will pull what you are looking for and deliver it outside to your car.
*Check out our on-line resources, including access to e-books and e-audiobooks and Mango, the on-line language learning program. You can find more information about these on our website www.homercommunitylibrary.com
Thank you for your support and patience as we adapt to these challenges.