HOURS: Mon, Tues, Thur, Fri 2:00-7:00; Wed, 9am-2pm; Sat, 10am-2pm
The Library is officially open with our regular hours (with the exception of July 14 & 15 when we will be closed due to repaving of the parking lot). Regular hours are: Mon, Tues, Thur, Fri 2:00-7:00; Wed, 9am-2pm; Sat, 10am-2pm
Starting Monday, June 15, we are going to re-open the library to patrons but with some Covid-19 restrictions in place. We have created a no-contact check out procedure and have set up a returned materials table where patrons will place their returns to avoid hand-to-hand contact. Returned materials will stay in quarantine on this table for 72 hours before being checked in and put back out for circulation.
We are not sure when the Village offices and main doors will be open, so we are using the library door which is on the southeast corner of the building by the recycle bin. We encourage everyone who comes in to wear a mask. We do have some masks available for purchase at $1 each.
As part of the State's re-opening guidelines we are encouraging patrons to limit the amount of time spent in the library. You might want to look at our on-line card catalog before coming in so you have some idea of what you would like to pick up. We will also limit the number of people in the library at any one time to fewer than 10.
We have removed two of the patron computers to create a 6-foot distance between stations. We have hand sanitizer at the circulation desk and near the computer stations for staff and patron use. We will be disinfecting common surfaces regularly, including patron computers after each use.
We have put away all of the children's toys and dismantled the AWE children's computer.
We have cancelled all programming for the foreseeable future and are working on a virtual alternative to our usual hands-on Summer Reading Program.
And, we will still offer curbside service for any of our patrons who would like to continue to receive materials that way.
We are looking forward to being able to see our patrons once again!
Starting Monday, May 18, you'll be able to pick up items you have put on hold.
Curbside Delivery ervice will be available Mon, Tue, Thur & Fri, from 3 to 6 pm, Weds from 10-2pm, and Saturday, from 11 to 2 pm.
Please read the rules below. This is only to pick up items you have previously requested. No other services will be provided at this time.
Curbside Rules—Please read!
1. Patron must call or email us with their request if they have not placed holds through our on-line catalog. You can access our on-line catalog through our website: www.homercommunitylibrary.com. If asked for a Library Name, type: Homer Library and leave the password field blank.
2. Patron must let us know when they are on the way.
3. Patron pulls up in front of library windows and honks to let us know they are here. PATRON STAYS IN CAR.
4. Staff takes bag of items out and will put in patron trunk only OR will place bag on bench near sidewalk. Staff goes back into the building.
5. If items are placed on the bench and not in trunk, patron gets out and picks up bag once staff are inside.
6. ALL RETURNS WILL STILL GO IN OUTSIDE DROP BOX, INCLUDING DVDS AND AUDIOBOOKS. No returns will be handed person-to-person.
7. No fines or fees will be paid during curbside service. We are not charging any overdue fees until after we are open to the public as usual. This minimizes contact between staff and the public for everyone’s safety.
8. Please call the library if you have any questions.
Don’t forget, our e-books and e-audiobooks are available 24/7 through the Axis 360 app. For more information about this, contact us or visit our website.
*Updated April 1, 2020*
With the current stay-at-home extention by the Governor, the Library will continue to be closed to the public until at least April 30th. At that time we will re-assess the situation.
During this time:
*Staff will be checking the drop boxes, email, and phone messages daily.
*Borrowed items may still be dropped off at the book drop. For those feeling ill, we ask you to hold on to those items and stay in your homes.
*The library will automatically renew items and will waive fines throughout this period.
*We will offer a limited, curb-side service - please call ahead and leave a message or email us and we will pull what you are looking for and deliver it outside to your car.
*Check out our on-line resources, including access to e-books and e-audiobooks and Mango, the on-line language learning program. You can find more information about these on our website www.homercommunitylibrary.com
Thank you for your support and patience as we adapt to these challenges.